Manage Your Order Emails and Notifications
Emails are automatically sent from your store based on the stage of the orders. You can customize these emails: turn them on and off, change the design and define who receives copies of them in your admin panel: Settings > Emails. By default all emails will come from the address firstname.lastname@example.org displaying the name of your store. You can change this “from:” email to an existing one exclusivelly on the Premium Plan.
On this guide you will see what are the emails that are triggered by the store and how to configure them.
- New Order: Email sent for every new Order made with a manual payment. It contains the payment instructions. Orders with automatic payments will not trigger this email, they will trigger only the Order Paid email if the payment is successfull. Read more about manual payments.
- Order Paid: Email sent when an Order is marked as Paid. If the order contains a digital product, it will include a download link. Read more about digital products on this guide
- Order Shipped: Email sent when an Order is processed for shipping.
- Order Canceled: Email sent when an Order is marked as Canceled.
- New Contact: Email sent to you when your Customers contact you.
- Change reply-to address: When customers reply to these automatic email, you will receive it on the email defined as “Contact Email” here:
Advanced Tip: You can also use this value on the HTML of your store with the liquid tag ``.
- Change email templates: You can alter the design of all of the emails with exception of the “New Contact” using the Email HTML editor. A live preview will be available in case you want to confirm the results of your changes.
Advanced Tip: You can use store variables for orders and ordered products to customize these emails. See more information on this Liquid and HTML guide.
- Change who is BCC’d on the emails: By default, the store creator will be BCC’d in all emails. You can change this behaviour by clicking on every email and modifying this field:
You can add multiple emails by pressing the comma key, the space bar, return or tab after entering an address.
- Change the email “from:” address email@example.com to another one (only on Premium Plan): There are advantages of using our email firstname.lastname@example.org as a notification email:
- Our domain (jumpseller.com) has been certified by Google, since we are a reputed e-commerce software company, thus allowing us to display that extra actions on our emails. When you use your own domain, you lose the Google Mail (Gmail) functionality that allows your order emails to display extra actions and informations to your customer, read more here: https://jumpseller.com/support/email-markup/ y https://developers.google.com/gmail/markup/reference/parcel-delivery
- Our domain (jumpseller.com) holds a very good reputation within the email servers, because it has been sending thousands of emails, over the span of many years. It’s very likely that sending emails from new domains will result in having them marked as span for a couple of months.
If you want to proceed with the change and lose these features, just contact our support indicating an existing email address to replace email@example.com. We will start a validation process that might take upto one week before applying the change.
Browser Push Notifications
Push notifications are clickable messages that are sent by a website to their subscribers’ web browser.
- Enable push notifications for orders: You can enable this option in your store’s admin panel at Settings > Notifications
If a customer places an order and you are logged into your admin panel, your web browser will notify you of orders.
Every Jumpseller store has the option to communicate with other services or websites whenever an specific event (like an order payment) happens. You can configure these hooks in your admin panel: Settings > Notifications. Read more information on the webhooks guide
I cannot receive emails from my store’s Contact Form or Sales Orders. Why?
Due to the great number of emails sent by our email (firstname.lastname@example.org) spam filters, especially Gmail, might mark them as SPAM. What you should do is:
- Add email@example.com to your List of Contacts
- Search for all emails from firstname.lastname@example.org at your SPAM and marked them as NONSPAM.
My emails are not being sent/ I’m not getting notifications at all? How can Jumpseller’s support help?
There are many reasons for an email not being sent. Firstly, we need to confirm there’s not a problem with your email inbox and use our own email, email@example.com, to test it out. Please do the following:
- On your Admin Panel > Configuration > Email > Orders Paid add firstname.lastname@example.org to the list of email’s recipients
- Create a Test Order with a Manual Payment (like a Bank Transfer) or a real one you prefer
- At your Admin Panel > Orders set this New Order’s Status to “Paid”.
- Confirm with Jumpseller’s Support that the email “Order Paid” has been received (or not).
- If no email is received by Jumpseller we have just confirmed this problem.
I’m not getting notifications when I make a test.
When you make a test using the same email as the one you configured in your admin panel as your default store email, you will not receive a dual notification since the system identifies you as a store owner/admin instead of a customer.